Step 1: Get ready
Have your AEP Ohio account number (first 10-digit only) ready. This information can be located at the very top of your AEP Ohio bill.
Collect your contractor invoice, which must include:
- Equipment make, indoor, outdoor, and furnace model #s for each unit installed
- Date of installation
- Cost of equipment
Scan your invoice(s) to upload to your online application. An example of how this information should be displayed on your invoice is available here. Please contact your contractor if any of the above listed information is missing on your invoice, as this will delay the processing of your rebate application if submitted with incomplete information.
If you are applying for a central air conditioning, air source heat pump, ductless heat pump, or ground source heat pump rebate, you will need:
- AHRI Certificate of Product Ratings for the equipment installed at home. An example of an AHRI Certificate has been provided here as a reference.
Step 2: Verify your eligibility
Eligibility Requirements (all HVAC rebates):
- You are an AEP Ohio residential customer with an individually-metered account. Available for freestanding homes or attached homes in blocks of 2-8.
- A contractor on the AEP Ohio participating contractor list must install the new equipment in addition to the furnace model if installed.
- Rebate applications must be postmarked within 90 days of equipment installation date and must be postmarked no later than 12/15/18.
- New construction is not eligible for these rebates
- Purchase price of equipment must exceed rebate amount
Equipment Efficiency Requirements (all that apply):
|Maximum SEER: 13
||Minimum SEER: 15
|Maximum HSPF: 7.7
||Minimum HSPF: 8.5
||Minimum EER: 12.5
Step 3: Start your application
After your application is reviewed and approved you will receive your rebate in approximately 6-8 weeks.